New role: Business Correspondent


My new job role for our student led news team is, Business and Finance Correspondent. 

Basically I will be reporting anything to do with money and how it effects students and people in the local area. Although I am not an expert in economics I do understand how money is effecting people. 

Photo by freefotouk (CC) 
A bit like the money supermarket expert- Martin Lewis. He’s a finance editor and uses the trademark ‘money saving expert.’ 

Prices of food, alcohol, and petrol has effected me in the last year and I’m sure i’ll report on many stories like these. I do think money has an effect on people. And during current times in politics, new decisions are having to be made. Whether it be the slash cuts of child benefits or the slash cuts of EMA last year. 

I could even focus on business closures. I focused on the Ford Transit van closure in Southampton last year. The closing of businesses is a continuing problem. HMV and Jessops are the latest companies that have announced they will close. Our retail landscape is changing and we are losing more companies every day. 

Although my new role is once again a challenge for me there are many stories I can cover that links to finance. Although I am not an expert in economics I do understand how money is effecting people. 

Here are a few faces I will have to watch closely and be inspired by for the next for months: 

-Robert Peston: BBC News, business editor. 

-Kevin Peachey: BBC News, personal finance reporter

-Stephanie Flanders: BBC News, economics editor 

-Julian Knight: The Independant, money and Property editor 

-Richard Evans- The Daily Telegraph, personal finance 



No comments:

Post a Comment