Camera training

This post is going to be a bit pointless but hey I learnt something new, how to use a camcorder.
I have done a bit of photography before, but this is going to take a bit of getting used to.

I will be using a Sony 170 camcorder, its huge. Normally when I turn on a camera I just use auto settings, but no this is much more complicated.
You've got to make sure the brightness levels are right, the shutter speed is set correctly (at about 50
 for sharp no motion shots)
These are the notes I got:
- set the IOS control
- set the shutter speed
- set the brightness levels correctly, set it to 70 to get 'fleshy tones'
- and finally set the white balancing

It all looks a little tricky, there are lots of buttons and you also need to make sure that the microphone and audio is set up properly.

I think it's one of those things you can't really expect to get right until you've actually tried it. So that's enough of me writing about it.... Better get practising!

No comments:

Post a Comment